If you’re a vegan and you’re reading this then I’m sure you are very well familiar with the unavailability of recipes that are quick, healthy and well, exactly what you have been in search for since forever!
Let’s get to it, shall we!
The best part of this recipe is that you can make a lot of it and store each portion of it separately in your freezer for those times when you need a quick bite on-the-go!
So, let’s dive into the famous Mega Burrito! It’s a healthy recipe that works across a combination of all our favorites in the Tex-Mex groups. If you are lazy to make it own your own, do try some ready to eat Vegetarian Plans from Food For You.
What’s in it:
- Cauliflower Walnut Taco Meat
- Roasty Sweet Potatoes
- Vegan Queso, or real Cheese if you want
- Really good Salsa (Recommended: Mateo’s Salsa from Costco)
- Mashed Avocado
- Squeezed Lime Juice
- Extra Dips in Queso
Okay, What Next?
As obvious as it is, “Assemble and enjoy!”, you might want to hold your horses for a second there! Here are two major secrets to look into while you put it all together.
- First secret is, look around for any random ingredient you might feel like adding in! For example, a few random veggies like carrots? Bell peppers? Spinach? Even Onions! Throw in whatever you find to the cauliflower walnut taco meat while it’s still on the skillet to bring more flavors and make a combination that you fancy! You can even try adding an egg in if you really are in the mood of it.
- The second secret is, if you don’t mind adding more carbs to a tortilla made of carbs then; sometimes adding in a little white or brown rice to the mix gives it the feel of a more complete meal than you could have expected this to be!
After you’re done with the Cauliflower mix, take the tortilla and spread some of the mashed avocado on it. Next off, take the cauliflower walnut taco meat as much as you want, top it off with salsa, queso and it’s a wrap! Roll it up and cut it in half and enjoy the view of your masterpiece. Drizzle some more queso because why not? I mean if you’re going to eat all this you might as well go all out since it’s the famous Mega Burrito!
Also, this recipe is very convenient and can be replicated in the form of nachos, quesadillas, and even tacos! Ever seen such a versatile dish made so simple and easy? I know I haven’t!
- 1 Sweet potato chopped
- 1 ½ Cups Cauliflower Walnut Taco Meat
- ½ Cup Water
- Mashed Avocado
- Salsa (As suggested above, or any of your choice)
- Lime juice
- Queso, or Cheese (If you aren’t an all-out vegan)
- Filling: Start with the sweet potatoes. Take a skillet and swirl them around in some oil and a dash of salt. Sauté them until they’re fork-tender. Add the prepared cauliflower walnut taco meat and add the water till it looks nice and saucy.
- Assemble: Stuff a flour tortilla with the mashed avocado, cauliflower filling, salsa, cilantro, and queso/cheese. After filling it up, roll it and wrap it! You can even fry it if you wish, whatever excites you is the best way to go!